Thursday, September 15, 2011
Packing for India
I am writing this first entry as I have just closed my suitcases for the hundredth time. I am not taking to many clothes or shoes for this month long adventure. Why is it I have so much stuffed into my allotted two suitcases? Suitcase 1 Gifts! Yes I have selected gifts for the wonderful host family who I will be staying with. Gifts! Yes Wedding gifts, well a bit of it for the bride I have been so fortunate to have received an invite to this real Hindu Wedding and all the festivities. The sister of my dear friend is getting married in just a few short weeks. Comfort items! There is no way to determine what it is I will need to take care of myself in a country that is old yet growing more progressive everyday. I have no idea what the water and food may do to my delicate system (its delicate on US soil) I bought a SteriPen for the filtered water to filter and overkill anything that may be lingering there. People swear if I use it on everything I drink I could make it through without getting ill. I am up for anything that could do that. I have my Lara Bars to keep my blood sugar square when out and about. Of course I brought Immodium and Pepto and Mosquito repellant. I have a month of Shampoo and makeup. Then there is the iPad and keyboard and headphones and travel snacks. OK I brought the kitchen sink. Almost. I am ready and packed and those suitcases now have locks on them to keep ME out.I hope I find some bliss waiting in India, I'm exhausted from getting ready to go. Enough of that. Its WINE TIME and a last evening with my husband for a month.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment